Tuesday, March 2, 2010

voting at the local elections

It's important to vote, because it's a way to influence the way your town will be run.

Don't think that your vote won't make a difference, because that's not the case.
Each vote counts towards a final result.

When you don't know in which party you want to vote, make a list of what you see as most important for your town.

Take subjects as education,
Care for the handicapped and elderly,
accessibility by bus, train and car,
parkingspace for bicycles
etc.

This time there's a call to wear something over your hair to protest against the discrimination of the right wing party.

Good luck!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Dear Ava,

I'm Canadian. I spent years in school learning French, writing and speaking it. I also lived in a Spanish speaking country for several months and picked up some of that language too. I don't know what language you speak. However, I have yet to see a language where using capital letters in titles and proofreading for your own typos was as dramatic as you make it out to be. Don't use a second language as an excuse for sloppy writing. The typos I caught were words you had spelled right in other places. You may post to my blog again, if you can learn to have some respect for people who have taken some time to give constructive feedback to you. If you can't handle that I will not post any future comments from you.

Chin chin said...

I agree with you that voting is important. Each vote whether your candidate won or not, still matters. At least, you aired your voice and exercised your right.

By the way, I got you a Beautiful Blogger award. See my most recent post. I find your blog beautiful and your home tips very helpful. Good day!

The Twitterer said...

it's true, many people underestimate the power of their vote.

Related Posts with Thumbnails